We really want to make the application process for a Grass Roots Grant as easy as possible and help you submit great projects that are likely to be funded and work for your community!
So…. please have a look at the guidance… then contact Dawn Rivers for advice before you spend hours pouring over forms and project plans!
This especially applies if you have applied for funding before but not been successful.
Dawn Rivers Programme Manager – Communities Exeter City Council, Civic Centre, Paris Street, Exeter, EX1 1JN Tel No. 01392 265531 grassrootsgrants [@] exeter.gov.uk
Timetable: Please make a note of the current and the future grant rounds. It takes a while for decisions to be made so please consider this when you plan your project or when talking to other funders.
On 17th May 2018 Exeter City Council decided:
- That the next round of the Grass Roots Grants (Closing date 28 May) would not go ahead.
It was agreed that the fund should continue to operate this year but with the following changes :
- The next closing date would be extended to the 27 August, with recommendations being made to Executive on the 9 October and full Council on the 16 October.
- That there would be a £10,000 maximum cap on Grass Roots Grants for community development activities until the Community Grants review had been completed and decisions made about future funding of community initiatives. This wil include applications for capital and equipment.
- That in response to members concerns about Councillor participation raised in People Scrutiny on the 1 March (and endorsed by Exec and Council in April) that the Grass Roots Grants panel would invite the Chair Of People Scrutiny to join the panel, alongside PH Health & Wellbeing, Communities and Sport, and the Member Champion for Communities.
- As a communtiy member of the panel has now been selected as a councillor in the city, that it would not be appropriate for her to continue as a community representative on the panel. It was requested that this place should not be filled by another community member whilst the review was taking place.
Start here to find out about the Grass Roots Grants Programmes.
Or you can download a full copy of the Grass Roots Grants Guidance for applicants. Please note: We’ve received helpful feedback from applicants and grants panel members from the first grants round in 2017. Text in blue has been amended /added in February 2017 to make items a little clearer. This only applies to the grants guidance on the website not the pdf. version.
* If your organisation wants to apply for a capital/equipment grant you should choose one round to apply for. Projects will not able able to apply for two capital/equipment grants.